Sunday, we begin our five-week journey into the Five Principles. The Five Principles are:
- There is only One Presence and One Power active as the Universe and in my life: God.
- We are Divinity in expression, and therefore we are inherently good.
- We create with our thoughts and beliefs.
- Through prayer and meditation, we align our heart-mind with God.
- Through thoughts, words, and actions, we live in the Truth we know.
One of my seminary teachers said, “we only have the other four because we don’t fully believe the first principle.” On this first Sunday, we will tackle this idea head-on and explore the notion that God is all there is, everywhere present, and the absolute good in everything. This transcendent God is not an old man watching from a cloud, showering us with blessings or discipline when the mood strikes, but the field of intelligence, love, and creative energy in which we live. And most importantly, we can never be separate from the Divine Presence.
If these ideas intrigue, confuse or anger you, you are in the right place, join us on Sunday!