Welcome to Spiritual Playdate
The Playdate with a Purpose!
Every Sunday at 10:30 AM
Spiritual Playdate at Unity San Francisco is an affirming, interfaith approach to sharing, learning, and exploring spirituality with children. It is a lightly structured, regularly committed space that allows families to talk about God, traditions, faith, spirituality, and Unity’s principles. These Spiritual Playdates mandate no specific traditions or beliefs – rather, they cultivate respectful, engaging discussions surrounding these complex topics, and help children to develop the tools they need to constructively learn from others throughout their lives.
We provide a nurturing, safe environment for our children to start their spiritual journey and develop friendships throughout. During our time together, our youth is encouraged to experience God, learn about the world around them, and discover the sacred in everyday life. We use discussions, stories, music, meditation, movement, art, and other activities to engage our youth and explore Truth principles. The lessons are fun and age-appropriate, and provide lively, creative experiences directly related to the discussion of Unity concepts to help anchor their learning.
The Five Unity Principles underlie all of our activities in Spiritual Playdate:
- God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
- I am naturally good because God’s divinity is in me and in everyone.
- I create my experiences by what I choose to think, what I feel, and what I believe.
- Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
- I do and give my best by living the truth I know. I make a difference, and I matter!
If you and your family are interested in becoming involved, we invite you to join us for one of our fun-filled Spiritual Playdates. You are also welcome to give us a call during our weekly office hours with any questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing you!